How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Thank you to Kathryn for the nomination (and for the shout out to my 31 Days of Spooktober posts, I’m glad you enjoyed them).
Favourite Book Cover
They say not to judge a book by its cover, but we sometimes do. What is your favorite book cover?
There are way too many book covers in the world, so I’ll narrow this down by choosing from my physical bookshelf… my edition of Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere.
Award You’d Like to Win
What real-life award would you like to win? Grammy, Oscar, Nobel, National Book Award, Ig-Nobel…? Anything goes!
A Hugo Award! That’s the dream. I guess I have to actually complete a book first… Too bad they don’t have a category for “most attempted manuscripts,” because I’d have a real shot at that one! haha
Last Song Played
What is the last song you listened to?
According to Spotify, Solo (Oh Wonder) ♥
One Mundane Fairy Wish
Poof! You have a fairy that will do one specific mundane task for you for the rest of your life so you don’t have to (e.g. laundry, filing taxes, cleaning the bathroom, etc.). What would you like it to take care of for you?
Can I choose cleaning the whole house? Imagine how much reading, writing, and cooking I’d get done if I always had a clean house!
A Day with an Author
If you could spend a day with any author, living or dead, who would you choose, and what would you guys do?
How intimidating! lol I’ll go with Mallory O’Meara, because I know from her book (The Lady form the Black Lagoon) and her podcast (Reading Glasses) that we have enough in common to have really good conversation. I’d just wanna keep it casual, maybe grab a drink with her and chat for a bit.
It is a little-known fact that everyone has a tiny horse inside them. Some say that this horse represents…your soul. What does the tiny horse inside of you look like?
I don’t understand this question — but side note, horses are terrifying, so I’m incredibly freaked out now! My spirit animal is probably an owl… if that’s at all helpful lol
If you had to personify yourself as a shoe, what shoe would you be?
Surprisingly, I’ve never tried to apply personal attributes to shoes, so this was a tough one. I guess something a little edgy, but not aggressive… like a sneaker boot? haha. I have no idea.
A Book to Dip in Chocolate
You have to choose one book that is so fine, it deserves to be dipped in chocolate. What book gets that honor?
Wait… What? Dipping a book in chocolate would destroy its pages!! Ahhh!! Ok — I’m overthinking it (I do that). I’ll say The Giver because it’s the book that opened me up to fantasy and sci-fi as a child, so I’m sentimental about it
How would you complete the following? “Stop! _____________.”
Dipping books in chocolate! They’re for reading, not for eating!
If you could swap names with any fictional character, whose name would you want?
I’ve always loved the name Quinn, and John Carpenter films are awesome, so I guess I’d take Quincey Carpenter (Final Girls).
Favorite dipping sauce? (For any food you like–fries, veggies, fruit, chicken nuggets, whatever.)
I don’t really have a go-to, but anything that is at once sweet and spicy will call out to me
- Name one thing that you’re obsessing over / geeking out about these days!
- What’s a more appealing reading experience to you, series or standalone?
- Show off your latest book haul (purchase, gift, what have you)!
- You’ve had a rough day, how are you going to spend your evening?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Are you pickier about food or books?
- Name one bucket list item!
- If you could invent one thing, anything at all, what would it be?
- If you were starting University/College tomorrow, what would you major in?
- If you could travel to one book world, which would you choose?
- Who would you cast as the lead in a screen adaptation of your favourite book (whether or not it already exists)?