Happy Stay-at-Home-Saturday! (As they all are at the moment.) I hope everyone is safe and in good health. Where I live, a fancy latte is hard to come by these days, and while I most often like to french press a dark roast and drink it black with a sprinkle of cinnamon… every once in a while I just want something, well, fancier. In an effort to quench that thirst, I came up with this quick and easy, DIY, Stay-at-Home Maple “Latte” (no special equipment required).
What you need:
- 1 + 1/4 cups of prepared coffee (unflavoured)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (the real stuff!!)
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- Whipped cream (optional)
What to do:
- Prepare 1+1/4 cup of coffee in your usual method. For me, this means adding a serving of ground coffee to my press, measuring out and adding 1+1/4 cup of boiling water, and waiting 4-7 minutes
- Once coffee is ready, pour into mug and add the vanilla extract and maple syrup. TIP: Want it sweeter? Add more maple!
- Heat up milk. Thirty seconds in a microwave will do
- Add milk to coffee and stir
- For extra luxury, add whipped cream 🙂
Enjoy, and stay safe!