Thank you to Sara for giving me my second Liebster Award Nomination 🙂 Glad to do another round of Q&A.
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
11 Random Facts About Me
- I collected Archie comics as a kid and still have stacks upon stacks
- I love writing short stories but rarely read short story collections
- My only forms of social media are my blog (if that counts) and Litsy (the book app)
- I am voluntarily learning how to write APIs (application programming interfaces) for work, even though I don’t consider myself very tech-savvy!
- I got married in an indie movie theatre that has been around since the 1930s
- Fish freak me out. Like, really, truly, deeply disturb me. I don’t know why.
- When I swim, I refuse to put my head under water (see above ^ lol)
- I am considering learning some wood-working/carpentry this year
- I hate wearing socks and will take them off almost any chance I get
- When I mini-golf, I always get exactly ONE hole-in-one
- I live with chronic pain
1. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
Ah! Tough opening question. I’m going to go with The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas) which I finally read in January.
2. Which book that you already own are you most looking forward to reading?
I’m committed to working through my personal library over the summer. I think I’m most excited about Final Girls (Riley Sager) because Horror Film theory and The Final Girl trope are what I lived and breathed for in grad school. I honestly don’t know why I haven’t read this yet.
3. Which upcoming release are you most excited about?
I’m actually super excited to check out the full first volume of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot comic book series. I loved the first issue, but now I’m holding out while I wait for my volume 1 pre-order to arrive. May 28th!
4. What’s your favourite TV show right now?
Currently catching up on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and loving every minute of it with all my heart. I’m also running through The Fosters like an addict.
5. What’s the last movie you watched and how was it?
I went to see Us pretty recently and was thoroughly impressed. It was super creepy and, in true Peele tradition, it was also a thinker! I will definitely re-watch it now that I’ve had some time to mull over the ideas in it.
6. Are there any tropes that you just can’t resist?
- Hidden/Secret towns or towns with secrets
- Girl inherits shop in a small town (preferably a secret town or a town with a secret lol)
- Morally grey monsters
7. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
The Rockies (in British Columbia) for some peace and quiet.
8. What’s your favourite dessert?
Cheescake! I’m not big on chocolate though so it’s gotta be loaded with fruit.
9. Do you have any pets? If so, please feel free to share pictures!
My cat Bandit 🙂 He sleeps face down like a weirdo, and steals our stuff, often. He also might be plotting to kill us (see Art of War pic below!)… but he’s adorable.
10. What kind of job could you never do?
Social work. It’s such important work but I don’t think I could handle it. I’m the kind of person who takes on people’s pain and makes it my own. I would drown.
11. Coffee or tea, and how do you take it?
Both. Usually black on both counts, but it’s all very mood-dependent. Also, pumpkin spice season is my favourite time of year. Most lattes are too sweet for me so I make my own spices and add them to my black coffee. Livin’ that DIY Life.
My 11 Questions
- Snacking habits: Sweet or Savoury?
- Genre pick (if you had to): Horror or romance?
- What is the best gift you ever gave someone?
- If you could only have one bucket list item, what would it be?
- What is your apocalypse skill? In other words, what would you bring to your band of survivors?
- What do you buy too much of?
- What’s your preferred method of communication: Text, Email, Phone, Face-to-Face?
- What would be your desert island book? You can only take one and you’ll be stranded indefinitely!
- What tropes do you actively avoid?
- Has a book let you down recently? If so, what went wrong?
- If you could visit any time/place as an invisible observer, what would you choose?