Thank you so much to Siobhan from Siobhan’s Novelties for nominating me for the Liebster Award 🙂
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them
Which book would you die to get your hands on?
Teller of Tales by William J. Brooke. This is a favourite from my childhood and I have a sentimental attachment to it, but I think it must be out of print because I can’t find it anywhere (including the publisher’s website). I still have my copy, but it’s beat up and battered and stained 😦
What is your new favourite book character?
I just finished Geekerella and really loved the character Sage. I’d love to follow her as a protagonist instead of as a sidekick.
For whatever reason, what upcoming book are you afraid to read?
Afraid isn’t exactly the right word, but I’ve been putting off Rituals, the last book in Kelley Armstrong’s Cainsville series. I didn’t much care for the previous book, but I’m determined to finish a series, for once!
What reading trait do you wish to break? Why?
Not finishing series! There are just so many worlds to explore, I dislike feeling stuck in one particular world, but then I feel like a failure when I don’t complete them. For that reason, I’m trying to read more standalones these days.
What is your guilty pleasure read?
I have just discovered the Cozy Paranormal Mystery genre… they’re like the Lifetime movies of the book world but I’m SO into it lol.
Which literary world would you love to visit?
London Below in Neverwhere… but with the caveat that I can somehow come back to the real world.
Is there an upcoming or a recent post you are or were afraid of posting?
Nope. If there was something I was uncomfortable sharing, I just wouldn’t. I like my blog to be a fun, stress-free hobby.
If you could save any fictional character, who would it be?
Rue. It would always be Rue.
What is the longest reading slump you’ve ever been in?
University. I did a BA, an MA and a Post-Graduate Certificate program all one after another (about 7 years) and had little-to-no time to read my own books. In my rare spare time, I didn’t want to read. It’s great to be back in it now.
Which book do you think people should read immediately?
I don’t think there is one book that will be right for everyone — that said, a few books that I think are really important are Kindred (Octavia Butler), The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas), and 1984 (George Orwell).
Which is your favourite female villain?
Queen Levana in The Lunar Chronicles comes to mind pretty quickly. I especially like that she got a backstory in Fairest. I’m a big believer in having a three-dimensional villain.
No obligations here, but if you’re up for it, I’d love to see your answers. Also, apologies for anyone who is getting multiple nominations, I haven’t traced the award back at all for participants.
- What is the oldest book you own?
- What kinds of book covers are you attracted to, and are there any kinds of covers you avoid?
- Do you own a book about a book? Show it off 🙂
- How do you pull yourself out of a reading slump?
- What is a book that surprised you recently?
- What story elements are you most drawn to?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you have a specific system for your blogging, and do you follow it religiously?
- Is there a specific topic that, as a rule, you DO NOT blog about?
- When you aren’t blogging or reading, what are you most likely up to?
Follow me on Litsy @ ShyBookOwl